Converged communications for connecting people and information
Collaboration and other types of groupware are used to bring people together for one reason or another: to socialize, to work together, to cooperate and contribute to the production of something, and to innovate. It evolves to achieve different goals:
- Communications: Basic transfer of information between parties such as voice, email, and text.
- Publishing/feedback/information exchange: Exchange of information between parties, such as a blog.
- Building community: Formation and management of a collection of participants generally focused on a shared interest or affiliation (ex: LinkedIn, Facebook).
- Managing knowledge: Collection, retrieval, and management of shared community knowledge (ex: docs managements, wikis).
- History and tracking: Logging of information exchanges and other events of interest and the generation of reports (ex: forums).
- Joint contribution to a work product: Bringing groups together to produce a joint work product (ex: shared web-based mashup workspace).
Cisco Advanced Collaboration Architecture Specialized Partner
Imagicle Silver Partner
NextHope offers Collaboration solutions through the following solutions components:
- IP Telephony
- Call Control
- Unified Messaging
- Unified Presence
- Voice Gateway
- Content sharing
- Rich-Media Conferencing
- Enterprise Social Networking
- Telecom Expense Management
- Unified Contact Center
- Social media campaign management,
- Unified Customer Voice Portal
Telepresence & Visual Communication
- Meeting room Telepresence
- Desktop Telepresence
- Multipoint control unit (MCU)
New collaboration approach for complex business model
Today’s business environment has become increasingly more complex. Interactions have expanded across multiple time zones and it is having a dramatic impact on business — slowing business processes, reducing responsiveness to key market trends and causing missed opportunities.
New technologies, industry trends, new applications, different environments, global competition … it never ends. But businesses must keep up. These factors align to three major themes driving business transformation: the impact of the empowered user, the demand for secure, real-time information, and the concept of a borderless enterprise.
– refers to the increasing demand from customers, patients, employees and partners to use new collaboration capabilities, such as mobility, personalization, and social networking, to communicate within their workplaces and communities. Enterprises are challenged to deliver new tools and capabilities that meet the expectations of their empowered users, while simultaneously coping with the growing issues of technology complexity, support, security, and compliance associated with them.
– gives enterprises the opportunity to make better, faster decisions and to optimize processes. In addition, the increasing demand for consumer-like services in the enterprise requires virtual, secure, real-time information to support an architecture of participation and collaboration. Achieving this “architecture of participation” in a secure and efficient way is a major challenge, however, as real-time infrastructures have significant cost and complexity associated with them. The virtualization of resources and people across organizations provides a key opportunity to deliver new levels of cost-effectiveness and productivity.
– are required to compete and scale globally, engage with partners, and foster innovation. Tomorrow’s interactions will occur across an enterprise that is distributed, operates 24 hours a day, requires a global talent pool, and increasingly conducts business from client locations, home, or in venues outside the traditional office building.
People working together can achieve extraordinary things
Unified Communication and Collaboration architecture offer large range of business benefits:
- Make communication predictable and affordable
- Accelerate change and decision-making
- Collaboration experience between complex and distributed teams
- Expertise available everywhere
- Increase employee availability and reach ability
- Improve responsiveness to customers
- Reduce travel-time
- Improve employees work-life balance
- Knowledge Sharing
- Reuse & manageability of documents / contents
- Enable face-to-face meeting and rich interaction
- Increase customer satisfaction
And sustainable financial benefits impacts:
- Cost savings / reduction
- Improve productivity and profitability
- Boost revenue generation
- Lower Total Cost of Ownership (TCO)
- Better ROI and payback period
- Better Telecom expenses control
Integrated collaboration experience for IT people
Today, IT challenge is to cost-effectively enable integrated collaboration system while providing a combination of scale, security, and accessibility through a variety of devices and operating systems.
NextHope’s Collaboration offerings allow IT responsible to:
- Simplify and converge technologies by benefiting from a unified architecture that optimizes the delivery of data, voice and video communications while reducing IT cost and complexity.
- Mitigate risk by providing security and compliance capabilities that meet the highest standards. Proven interoperability is also on our top of mind for both protecting current investments and providing a migration path to new technologies.
- Manage costs and maintain flexibility through a choice of deployment options ranging from on-premise to hosted, that meet the specific business needs and budget of the organization while preserving a consistent end-user experience.
- Expand beyond the desktop by combining mobility with superior visual collaboration within and beyond the organization across a variety of devices and applications.
Cisco Collaboration Architecture Specialized Partner
As a Cisco Advanced Collaboration Architecture Specialized Partner, NextHope has triumphantly achieved all training requisites for promoting, designing and implementing all-inclusive Cisco Collaboration Architecture offerings. This Specialization recognizes our ability to deliver solutions that provide reliable access to voice, data, and video applications across multiple platforms.
Imagicle Silver Partner
As a Silver Partner, NextHope has invested in technical training and lab practices and has the ability to provide Imagicle solution from design, sourcing, implementation and support services.
- Cisco Collaboration Architecture Sales Specialist
Design / System Engineer
- Collaboration Architecture Design Specialist
- Cisco Unity Design Specialist
- Cisco IP Telephony Design Specialist
- Cisco IP Contact Center Express Specialist
Implementation / Field Engineer
- CCIE Voice
- CCNP Voice
- CCNA Voice
- Collaboration Architecture Support Specialist
- Cisco Unified Communications on Unified Computing Systems Specialist
- Cisco Unity Support Specialist
- Cisco Webex Design and Implementation Specialist
Collaboration Architecture Partners
Cisco Systems, Inc. is the worldwide leader in networking for the Internet. Today, networks are an essential part of business, education, government and home communications, and Cisco Internet Protocol-based (IP) networking solutions are the foundation of these networks. Cisco hardware, software, and service offerings are used to create Internet solutions that allow individuals, companies, and countries to increase productivity, improve customer satisfaction and strengthen competitive advantage.
Polycom, Inc. is a global leader in unified communications solutions with industry-leading Telepresence, video, voice and infrastructure solutions built on open standards. Polycom powers smarter conversations, transforming lives and businesses worldwide. Together with Microsoft, we deliver a complete standards based, end-to-end UC solution. Polycom’s integration efforts with Microsoft, and leading industry UC providers, support Polycom’s Open Collaboration Network strategy, providing an open and interoperable collaboration solution that gives customers greater flexibility and investment protection for their UC environment.
Imagicle, Cisco Preferred Solution Developer, offers the most complete and advanced suite of software applications for enabling your Communications in large, medium and small businesses.
Imagicle is ready to help his customers through an exclusive software portfolio (application suite) to enable key functionalities on top of UC platforms: : Accounting & Billing, IP Fax Server, Directory & Caller ID, Attendant Console and CTI, ACD and IVR, XML services and the world’s first and unique Video Skype™ gateway.
Digium®, Inc. provides Asterisk® software, telephony hardware and Switchvox business phone systems that deliver enterprise-class Unified Communications (UC) at an affordable price. Digium is the creator, primary developer and sponsor of the Asterisk project, the world’s most widely used open source communications software. Asterisk turns an ordinary computer into a feature-rich communications server. A community of more than 80,000 developers and users worldwide uses Asterisk to create VoIP communication solutions in more than 170 countries. Since 1999, Digium has empowered developers to create innovative communications solutions based on open standards and open source software, providing an alternative to proprietary phone systems.
Fonality provides business phone systems and contact center solutions designed exclusively for small and midsize businesses. Fonality is the only provider that can deliver the same user experience in the cloud and on-premise, with innovative features that help small businesses save time, communicate more efficiently and reduce costs.
Plantronics is a global leader in audio communications for businesses and consumers. We have pioneered new trends in audio technology for over 50 years, creating innovative products that allow people to simply communicate. From Unified Communication solutions to Bluetooth headsets, we deliver uncompromising quality, an ideal experience, and extraordinary service. Plantronics is used by every company in the Fortune 100, as well as 911 dispatch, air traffic control and the New York Stock Exchange.